Now that we are heading toward the ninth month of pandemic restrictions it seems that an increasing number of people are becoming relaxed about the danger of infection. I notice fewer people wearing masks and observing the recommended social distancing. We have also noticed that the system of signing up for Mass is not functioning as well as it was. More people are turning up for Mass without signing up, and some who sign up are not attending the Mass they signed up for.
Therefore, after consulting with other pastors I have decided to move to a new system.
Beginning the weekend of Oct 31-Nov 1, you no longer need to sign up for weekend Mass.
Instead we will follow these simple rules:
- Only the first 130 will be admitted to Mass.
- After the first 130 are admitted, others will be directed to Guadalupe Hall.
- Hand sanitizer and masks will be available in the lobby of Guadalupe Hall.
- The same social distancing is to be observed in church and Guadalupe Hall.
- There will be a video link in Guadalupe Hall.
- Ministers will bring communion to the Guadalupe Hall.
- Worship aids and baskets for your collection will be in the lobby of Guadalupe Hall as they are in the Narthex.
We hope this new procedure will make things easier for everyone. It will give an incentive to get to Mass early! Thank you for your patience and co-operation during this difficult time.
I would like to remind you that the danger of infection from this virus is not over. In the pandemic 100 years ago people thought the threat was over in the Autumn, but the disease came back hard that next winter. While many of us are feeling more confident, it still makes sense to observe proper precautions and use common sense.
The obligation to attend Mass is still suspended, and if you or your loved ones are elderly or especially vulnerable please take care. Remember the Friday 10:00 Mass is reserved for those over seventy years of age.
Let us know how we can help with home visits or in any other way.